Almost everyone hates to move. Even if you are looking forward to settling into your new home, the thought of having to pack up your belongings and move them to that new space can be daunting. The act itself can be exhausting. But for every grey cloud there is a silver lining. One of the silver linings to moving is that it often forces us to do a major cleaning, sorting through and parting ways with things we no longer use or need. Another silver lining is having a fresh start. Being able to settle into a new place with the things you value most, minus those things you don’t value, can be a great feeling.
I recently moved. Since then I have been editing my belongings, giving away things that no longer serve me, and organizing and reorganizing what remains. After editing my beauty cabinet, I found myself left with several tried, tested and true gems, plus a few new favourites. All of the products remaining in my beauty cabinet are natural and/or organic to some degree. This is thanks to my Beauty Heroes subscription and, more importantly, years of research, and trial and error, with all sorts of products in every category you can think of. The products that are in my beauty cabinet now have all served me well for as long as I have been using them, which, in some instances, is years. So I decided to write this short blog post, and share a shelfie, to let you take a peek into my freshly edited beauty cabinet. In this shelfie you will mostly see the products I use immediately after showering or washing my face. Of course there are lots of other products you aren’t seeing, but they are stored in various other places throughout my home.
Unfortunately, or fortunately, I won’t be reviewing the products in my beauty cabinet for this post. Some, such as my beloved Bubble & Bee Deodorant and Foreo Luna mini, have already been reviewed on the blog. While others, like Graydon’s Green Cream and Arcona’s Cranberry Gommage, might be reviewed in the future. Stay tuned!
As time passes and I try new things, the products and tools in my beauty cabinet will undoubtedly change. Even now, some of my current favourites, like Graydon’s Face Food Mineral Mist, are empties so they are missing from this shelfie. Hopefully, as you take a look around my beauty cabinet you’ll be inspired to get rid of those products you’ve been holding on to that no longer serve you, and those empty bottles whose dust bunnies have their own dust bunnies. Or maybe you’ll find something new to try in your own beauty and skincare routine. So for now take a peek, see some of the products I’m currently loving, and, if you have tried any of them, let me know your thoughts.
- Smart Sense Rubbing Alcohol, 70% Isopropyl Alcohol (16 fl oz/473 mL)
- Gillette Venus Razor
- Ora Wellness Heal Thy Mouth Blend (0.5 oz/15 mL)
- Eco-DenT GentleFloss Dental Floss (100 yards/91.44 m)
- Desert Essence Tea Tree Oil Dental Tape (30 yards/27.4 m)
- Bubble & Bee Organic Pit Primer (2.0 oz)
- Bubble & Bee Deodorant Spray (2.5 oz) (read review here)
- Bubble & Bee Cool Cucumber Facial Cleanser (3.5 fl oz) (read review here)
- Arcona Cranberry Gommage (100 mL/3.4 oz)
- True Nature Botanicals Pacific Exfoliating Moisture Mask (1.7 fl oz/50 mL)
- Graydon Green Cream (8 fl oz/240 mL)
- Dessert Essence Organic Lavender Tea Tree Oil (0.6 fl oz/18 mL)
- Beautycounter Rose Neroli Body Oil (2.7 fl oz/80 mL)
- Shea Moisture Superfruit Complex Bath, Body & Massage Oil (8 fl oz/236 mL)
- Skin Owl Mangosteen Beauty Drops PM (2.0 fl oz/60 mL)
- Laurel Whole Plant Organics Sun Damage Repair Facial Serum (1.0 fl oz/30 mL)
- Graydon Detox + Renew Serum (1.0 fl oz/30 mL) (read review here)
- Mahalo Skin Care Rare Indigo Beauty Balm (1.0 fl oz/30 mL)
- Mahalo Skin Care The Petal Hydrating Mask (0.5 fl oz/15 mL)
- Josh Rosebrook Nutrient Day Cream with SPF 30 Non-Nano Zinc Oxide (2.0 fl oz/60 mL) (read review here)
- Bumble Bee gold-coloured hair pins (2)
- Foreo Luna mini (read review here)
- Kari Gran The KG System Mini Kit & Full Size SPF 28 (Cleansing Oil 15 mL, Hydrating Tonic 15 mL, Essential Serum 10 mL, and Three Sixty Five SPF 28 30 mL) (read review here)